Living Colour ecourse bundle
Buy all four Living Colour ecourses in this bundle. In them, you’ll find all of the tricks and knowledge about eco-printing that I have spent 7 years developing, through endless experiments, failures and surprises. I want to help you have success sooner.
The bundle contains four eco-printing modules: ‘Intro to Cotton’, ‘Advanced Cotton’, ‘Soy Milk Binders’, and ‘Wool and Shibori’. The modules are also available individually if you only want to learn one of these topics.
In these ecourse modules, you will learn about:
- choosing and preparing wool and plant-based fabric
- using fresh, soaked and dry leaves
- making and using iron and alum mordants
- making and using soy milk binders
- different folding and rolling techniques
- dye blankets and iron blankets
- combining eco-print and shibori methods
- cooking in plain water and dyebaths
Playing with different combinations of each of these variables will allow you to produce an exciting range of results. You will be able to create your own wardrobe of living colour, naturally dyed with the plants of your place.
You can join at any time, and you will have ongoing access to all course materials so you can work through it at your own pace.
This course is offered with variable pricing levels – read more here, then choose a price with your heart, based on your circumstances and the value of the course to you.
Please note that all prices are in Australian Dollars. If you live outside Australia, head here to convert them into your currency before you decide which level to go with.
- Lectures 46
- Quizzes 0
- Students 74
- Assessments Yes
Intro to cotton module
- Making mordants
- Choosing and gathering leaves
- Preparing leaves
- Choosing plant-based fabric and clothing
- Scouring plant-based fabric and clothing
- Mordanting cotton with iron
- Doing test prints
- Basic rolling and bundling technique: tank top
- Cooking eco-print bundles
- Rolling a piece of fabric
- Rolling garments with sleeves
- Combining alum and iron mordants
- Aftercare: washing, drying and wearing
- Eco-printing over failed or faded prints
Advanced Cotton module
Soy Milk Binder module
- Understanding the effect of soy milk binders
- Preparing cotton with a soymilk binder
- A shibori and rust rolled bundle
- Shibori and rust variation
- A simple rolled bundle with iron dipped leaves
- Making iron blankets and dye blankets
- Using the soy binder and blankets together
- Dye blankets on clothing
- Eco-printing on nylon
- More examples of eco-printing on nylon
Wool and shibori module