This module of Living Colour introduces you to eco-printing on cotton and other plant-based fibres. It’s suitable for complete beginners, or for anyone who struggles to get good results on cotton. You’ll be carefully guided through each step of the process through videos, written notes and photos. Check out the class curriculum to see what lessons we will cover.
You will have ongoing access to all the lessons and videos for as long as the course exists. So if you want to come back to it later, no worries!
Are these lessons different to the Living Colour ecourse?
No, this module is taken from the larger Living Colour ecourse. Do this module if you are just interested in learning how to eco-print on cotton with an iron mordant. If you want to learn all the techniques, it is better value to enrol in the Living Colour ecourse bundle.
Purchase information: When you click buy now, you will be directed to create a user profile. Your user password must include upper AND lower case letters AND a number AND a special character (! ” ? $ % ^ & )
Please note that the price below is in Australian Dollars and will be converted to international currencies during the checkout process.
Intro to cotton module
- Eco-printing supplies
- Making mordants
- Choosing and gathering leaves
- Preparing leaves
- Choosing plant-based fabric and clothing
- Scouring plant-based fabric and clothing
- Mordanting cotton with iron
- Doing test prints
- Basic rolling and bundling technique: tank top
- Cooking eco-print bundles
- Rolling a piece of fabric
- Rolling garments with sleeves
- Combining alum and iron mordants
- Aftercare: washing, drying and wearing
- Eco-printing over failed or faded prints
- A final blessing