Intro to Cotton
This module of Living Colour introduces you to eco-printing on cotton and other plant-based fibres. It’s suitable for complete beginners, or for anyone who struggles to get good results on cotton. You’ll be carefully guided through each step of the process through videos, written notes and photos. Check out the class curriculum to see what lessons we will cover.
You will have ongoing access to all the lessons and videos for as long as the course exists. So if you want to come back to it later, no worries!
This course is offered with variable pricing levels – read more here, then choose a price with your heart, based on your circumstances and the value of the course to you.
Please note that all prices are in Australian Dollars. If you live outside Australia, head here to convert them into your currency before you decide which level to go with.
- Lectures 17
- Quizzes 0
- Students 15
- Assessments Yes
Intro to cotton module
- Eco-printing supplies
- Making mordants
- Choosing and gathering leaves
- Preparing leaves
- Choosing plant-based fabric and clothing
- Scouring plant-based fabric and clothing
- Mordanting cotton with iron
- Doing test prints
- Basic rolling and bundling technique: tank top
- Cooking eco-print bundles
- Rolling a piece of fabric
- Rolling garments with sleeves
- Combining alum and iron mordants
- Aftercare: washing, drying and wearing
- Eco-printing over failed or faded prints
- A final blessing